The current state of the housing market has seen a steady rise in foreclosures over the past few years. In order to provide assistance to those affected by this, the federal government has established some programs that can provide much-needed help. One of these is the Hardest Hit Funds program, which is designed to help those with financial difficulty stay in their homes.
Overview of The Hardest Hit Funds Program and How It Can Provide Valuable Assistance To Those Hit Hardest By Foreclosure
The Hardest Hit Funds (HHF) program is a federal program that was created to help those facing foreclosure stay in their homes. This program provides grants and loans to states in order to assist those affected with mortgage payments, utility bills, food expenses, medical bills, transportation costs, and childcare expenses. The assistance provided depends on each state’s individual needs and policies.
Benefits of the Program
Those eligible for assistance from the HHF program are privy to many benefits:
- Mortgage Assistance: Financial relief for those struggling to make mortgage payments due to job loss or reduced income.
- Utility Bill Assistance: Much-needed support for utility bills such as power, gas, and water bills.
- Food Assistance: Additional support through food assistance programs offered through HHF funds for families struggling financially due to job loss.
- Child Care Costs: Extra financial aid is available for parents impacted by reduced work hours or job loss in order to cover childcare costs while they look for employment opportunities or search for new ways to earn an income.
- Medical Expenses: People unable to afford medical treatments out of pocket may be eligible for additional medical reimbursement under this program if they cannot afford such treatments due to job loss caused by economic circumstances.
- Transportation Needs: Those needing financing solutions when public transit isn’t available may be eligible for reimbursement from HHF funds.
How To Apply For Assistance Under The Hardest Hit Funds Program
In order to apply for assistance under this program you must meet certain eligibility requirements which vary from state to state; however, most do require proof of residency or citizenship along with documentation verifying your current situation such as pay stubs and other economic hardship documentation which are required in all participating states. Additionally, contact information must be provided so the application process can begin, and all applicants should keep a record of their application process so they can properly follow up on any requests made through HHF funds.
To be eligible for the Hardest Hit Funds Program in Arizona, you must:
- Be an Arizona homeowner who is occupationally or delinquent in their mortgage payments;
- Have income at or below 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI);
- Have a total housing obligation of 31% or higher;
- Have received hardship assistance from the servicer within the past 24 months;
- Have obtained a trial modification and/or completed a self-sufficiency program within the last year; and
- Not have any open bankruptcy issues.
The Hardest Hit Funds (HHF) program is a federal program that was created to help those facing foreclosure stay in their homes. This program provides grants and loans to states in order to assist those affected with mortgage payments, utility bills, food expenses, medical bills, transportation costs, and childcare expenses. The assistance provided depends on each state’s individual needs and policies. Additionally, The Offer Company is always available to assist in the process of obtaining assistance from the Hardest Hit Funds Program, ensuring that it is completed successfully with no cost or obligation for our services. Homeowners should call us at 602-448-7377, as The Offer Company can provide help the help you need – and it never costs anything.
The Offer Company
Don’t wait until it’s too late – visit our How to Save Your Home from Foreclosure page for the help and guidance you need.